Membership of AARSECE is open to individuals, schools, kindergartens and preschools who support the work of the Australian Association for Rudolf Steiner Early Childhood Education and wish to support and contribute to Waldorf early childhood education in Australia.
Members are committed to the ideals and practices of Steiner/Waldorf early childhood education and anthroposophy, the philosophy developed by Rudolf Steiner (1861-1925). Educational Principles:
Steiner based programs may differ according to geography, culture, group size, age-range, and individual teaching approach. Granting these differences, Waldorf programs share certain fundamental characteristics:
- Loving interest in and acceptance of each child
- Opportunities for self-initiated play with simple play materials as the essential activity for young children. This is the young child’s work and makes it possible for them to digest and understand their experiences.
- Awareness that young children learn through imitation, through the experience of diverse sensory impressions, and through movement. Their natural inclination is to actively explore their physical and social environment. The surroundings offer limits, structure and protection, as well as the possibility to take risks and meet challenges.A focus on real rather than virtual experiences to support the child in forming a healthy relationship to the world.
- Artistic activities such as storytelling, music, drawing and painting, rhythmic games, and modeling that foster the healthy development of imagination and creativity.
- Meaningful practical work such as cooking, baking, gardening, handwork and domestic activity that provide opportunities to develop unfolding human capacities. Here the emphasis is on the processes of life rather than on learning outcomes.
- Predictable rhythms through the day, week and year that provide security and a sense of the interrelationships and wholeness of life. Seasonal and other festivals are celebrated according to the cultural and geographical surroundings.
The AARSECE website provides information about Steiner early childhood education, enables registration for membership of AARSECE, registration to attend an AARSECE event, or contribute to a forum. When you register for membership, for an event, or participate in a forum, and agree to these Terms, the agreement between you and AARSECE is formed, and the term of the Agreement will begin.
In order to register on the website and become a member of AARSECE, or to use the interactive services provided by the website you must:
- be at least eighteen (18) years old and able to enter into contracts;
- complete the registration process;
- agree to these Terms;
- provide true, complete, and up-to-date contact and billing information. By using the website as a member, you represent and warrant that you meet all the requirements listed above.
Entering your username and clicking the "Process Subscription" button means that you’ve officially “signed” and accepted the Terms. If you register on behalf of an organisation or other entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to accept these Terms and enter into the Agreement on its behalf.
You’re responsible for keeping your account name and password confidential. We’re not responsible for any losses due to stolen or hacked passwords. We don’t have access to your current password, and for security reasons, we may only provide you with instructions on how to reset your password. We have the right to update any of your contact information in your account for billing purposes.
In addition, you ensure that all information you provide to us remains complete and accurate.
The term of your membership will continue for as long as you have registered for membership and paid for the current financial year.
The term of your registration for an event or forum will continue for as long as the registration for an event or forum remains active.
AARSECE is a tax-exempt not-for-profit organisation.